In response to the ever-growing number of HIV cases nationally and locally, Davao Regional Medical Center puts into place the RED STAR Clinic, a facility that brings HIV-related care services nearer to the people of Davao del Norte and its neighboring towns and cities.
After series of validation visits, RED STAR Clinic is officially recognized as a DOH-designated HIV Treatment Hub by virtue of the Department of Health Memorandum No. 2017-0010 released on January 3, 2017. DRMC’s RED STAR Clinic takes active part in continuously upholding DOH’s legal and moral mandate to ensure universal access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) to all people living with HIV (PLHIV).
Services offered in this facility include:
- HIV Counseling and Testing (free)
- ART enrolment and refill of ARVs (free via PHIC)
- CD4 and viral load (free via PHIC)
- Routine laboratories (can be socialized)
- General consultation by IM/Family Medicine residents (free)
- Psychological/psychiatric consultation (free)
- Multidisciplinary referrals (free)
RED STAR Clinic is open Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and is located in the second floor of the Outpatient Department. The clinic is strategically structured to provide client comfort and privacy and uphold confidentiality. The facility’s utmost objective is to provide respectful health care and support services at all times. Hence, its tag line: respectfully yours.