- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 4848
Commitment to Privacy
The Davao Regional Medical Center protects the privacy of your personal health information, including information about you maintained by this hospital and provides you with certain rights and choices about how this information is used and disclosed. As a keeper of your personal health information, our organization is required to comply with this legislation, the Republic Act 10173 otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
How we Collect Information about You?
We collect personal health information about you or from person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include personal and sensitive personal information. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
We collect only the information required to provide care, administer the care that is provided and communicate with you. We do not collect any other information, or allow information to be used for other purposes, without your express verbal or written consent – except we are authorized to do so by law.
Who may Use and See your Personal Health Information
By virtue of seeking care from us and reviewing the terms of this notice, we obtain your implied consent for your information to be used by this hospital to provide you with care, and to share or consult with other providers involved in your care including but not limited to physicians and specialists, pharmacists, medical technologists, radiologic technologists, nutritionists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists and others DRMC healthcare staff.
We may also collect, use and give out your personal health information to others, without your consent as reasonably necessary to:
• Get payment for your health care (and hospital services);
• Plan, manage and administer health care programs and services, or fulfill reporting obligations to certain authorized organizations for use in the planning and management of the health-care system;
• Fulfill other purposes as permitted or required by law.
Your express written consent is required before we may use or disclose your information for purposes not specified above.
Your Rights and Choices
Davao Regional Medical Center identifies specific rights that individuals have with respect to their personal health information. You have the right to:
• Ask us not to give out your personal health information to other healthcare providers or other parties, in which case we will not give out this information unless permitted or required by law to do so;
• Request to examine or receive a copy of your personal health information. If you wish to view the original record, one of our staff must be present to maintain the integrity of the record. Requests for access to your health record can be made in writing to the contact person at the bottom of this notice;
• Ask us to make corrections to personal health information you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete;
• Designate another person under a special power of attorney to make decisions about your personal health information; and
• Complain to National Privacy Commission if you think we have violated your rights.
Other Important Information
• Safeguards are in place to protect the security of your information. They include a combination of physical, technological and administrative security measures that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These safeguards are aimed at protecting information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We retain patient/client records as required by law and professional regulations. When information is no longer required, it is destroyed in a secure manner according to set procedures that govern the storage and destruction of personal information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or wish to raise a concern about how we have handled your personal information, please speak to our contact person.
Custodian : Data Protection Officer – Designate and
Compliance Officer for Privacy – Designate
Contact Name : Charlette Donna D. Juaton – DPO Designate
Elmer O. Fuerzas – COP Designate